I believe that appreciation is a holy thing—that when we look for what’s best in a person we happen to be with at the moment, we’re doing what God does all the time. So in loving and appreciating our neighbor, we’re participating in something sacred.
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is “Thank you,” it is enough.
I’m thankful for…
- The constant, overwhelming, amazing grace of God.
- Family who love me.
- Friends who care about me.
- A warm home to live in.
- The turkey in the oven.
- The theory of general relativity.
- Panda Express.
- Sale prices at academic conferences.
- The music my daughter has brought into my life.
- Friends and colleagues I know both in real life and merely digitally.
- Reunions with beloved mentors.
- The smell of baking bread.
- Babies’ giggles.
- Kentucky basketball.
What are you thankful for?
Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.
Oak, Ash, and Thorn is actually progressing ahead of schedule! I’m not ready to promise it will be available for Christmas, but it will almost certainly be ready sometime in January.
The Into the Wonder series will also soon be graced with its very own fantasy world map! There are just a few little tweaks left to make, and it will be ready for the world. Look for it both here on the website and in Oak, Ash, and Thorn.
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.